Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Reality check time.

The boys in my class are always talking about football. It has gotten worst now because of the Euro Cup or something. They talk about everything football but will always end up talking about how much players are making per week. It’s only about players in England. It is like as if the rest of the world do not play football or something...he he. Now, it’s all about whether this dude in ManU will leave for some Spanish club or not and how MUCH he will be earning per WEEK. I know ManU because my dad is a lifetime (it means a long long long time) supporter. When I was four, he signed me up as a supporter and bought me a red ManU t-shirt with the picture of Freddie the Red (that cute little devil thingy with a huge yellow fork, like he's going to have fish and chips or something...he he) on it.

They will go on and on about how many hundreds thousand Pounds players are making per week and what cars they will be driving soon and da di da da. My class teacher has stopped them a few times already.....

“Hello!, Reality check time” I love reality check time. At the last reality check time she told the class that; one hundred thousand Pounds is more than enough to feed a whole village in Burma for a year and maybe even have enough left to build a small school. She told the boys that while it’s good that people make a lot of money but what is more important is that we should not forget people who are suffering. Children need to learn to care more about others around them. Otherwise this world has no future. She said, we should think of ways to help those who are not as fortunate as us. One way of helping people of the world, indirectly, is by not using so much of the world’s resources. If we waste less and use less then there will be enough to go around.

I think she is so right. I hope she will give more reality checks. It keeps the boys quiet too, for a while...he he. I like, love, like my teacher a lot. She is really sensible.

by small bright head

2 comments:

Unknown said...

your teacher is a good role model! :)wtg

Bento Pet said...

You've got a sensible head on your shoulders too!! BTW mind if I ask how old are you?

I have 3 girls, 9, 16 & 19 years young.

All original content on this site is the property of the author and may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without prior written consent. In other words, in plain English, don't copy it, and if you feel like you really want to copy it, please don’t. Get counseling. Copyright 2007-2034.